Anyone received Unfinished Business yet?
Gareth
2003-11-13 09:42:09 UTC
Should have known better. Ordered it on Sunday and despite payment being
taken pretty sharpish I still haven't received it.

Gareth.
croft
2003-11-13 10:04:35 UTC
x-no-archive: yes

give it til the weekend, then cancel order
if not received- was there any time specified,
on order site?
Scott
2003-11-13 13:03:06 UTC
My payment was taken as well, then I noticed the small print saying allow 28
days
Gareth.
Gareth
2003-11-13 13:51:44 UTC
Post by Scott
My payment was taken as well, then I noticed the small print saying allow 28
days
You're joking - ah, bollocks.

Gareth.
croft
2003-11-14 09:10:22 UTC
x-no-archive: yes

standard phrase, dunno why people use that.. did you get it yet?
Gareth
2003-11-14 19:12:34 UTC
Post by croft
x-no-archive: yes
standard phrase, dunno why people use that.. did you get it yet?
Yeah, came this morning but haven't watched it yet - not through want of
trying: one DVD player and a room full of Brookie haters.

What's the standard phrase - "ah, bollocks" or "you're joking"?

Gareth.
SGM
2003-11-14 20:43:28 UTC
Post by Gareth
Post by croft
x-no-archive: yes
standard phrase, dunno why people use that.. did you get it yet?
Yeah, came this morning but haven't watched it yet - not through want of
trying: one DVD player and a room full of Brookie haters.
What's the standard phrase - "ah, bollocks" or "you're joking"?
I thought he meant "allow 28 days for delivery"

SGM
Gareth
2003-11-14 21:28:03 UTC
Post by SGM
Post by Gareth
Post by croft
x-no-archive: yes
standard phrase, dunno why people use that.. did you get it yet?
Yeah, came this morning but haven't watched it yet - not through want of
trying: one DVD player and a room full of Brookie haters.
What's the standard phrase - "ah, bollocks" or "you're joking"?
I thought he meant "allow 28 days for delivery"
Yes, that's what it says - didn't actually need to wait that long as it
turned out but it always pays to read the small print.

Gareth.
Brian McKenna
2003-12-01 18:40:54 UTC
Is this DVD any good,anyone care to share with us waht it is about?
*markster*
2003-12-01 19:51:34 UTC
Post by Brian McKenna
Is this DVD any good,anyone care to share with us waht it is about?
I enjoyed it. Terry the druggie lures Tim and Steve into a trap.

Won't say too much as I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen
it.

Mark
Gareth
2003-12-01 22:47:32 UTC
Post by Brian McKenna
Is this DVD any good,anyone care to share with us waht it is about?
It's good - if you can get it for £10 (plus p&p). £20 is a bit pricey but
even at that price I would probably buy it knowing what's in it.

Gareth.

Lydiate (Remove Tony Blair to reply)
2003-11-15 14:00:40 UTC
Post by Gareth
Should have known better. Ordered it on Sunday and despite payment
being taken pretty sharpish I still haven't received it.
Gareth.
COOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY !

The DVD arrived yesterday and we watched it late last night.

It's not too bad I guess. Bit too much, ahem, gratuitous flesh and sex
scenes (no rude bits shown) and bad language.

It has a 10 best scenes extra, though some of them are naff, eg the lezzy
kiss but it includss Anthony (Tony) Murray drowning that bitch Imelda. Which
is what bullies like that deserve.

Overall, I would say that it is worth the £10.99 brookside.com limited
offer, but certainly not worth the £20 RRP.

Didn't even have an inlay card, which is very unusual.

I rate it as 5/10 for effort.

It has a trailer for the new Barry Grant DVD that's due some time in the new
year. That looks more promising. And Jimmy Corkhill's on that one.
s***@cix.compulink.co.uk
2003-11-15 18:44:18 UTC
Post by Lydiate (Remove Tony Blair to reply)
Post by Gareth
Should have known better. Ordered it on Sunday and despite payment
being taken pretty sharpish I still haven't received it.
Gareth.
COOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY !
The DVD arrived yesterday and we watched it late last night.
It's not too bad I guess. Bit too much, ahem, gratuitous flesh and sex
scenes (no rude bits shown) and bad language.
Would you mind telling me whether it has a subtitles option?

thanks!

SimonM
Lydiate (Remove Tony Blair to reply)
2003-11-17 18:47:01 UTC
Post by Gareth
Should have known better. Ordered it on Sunday and despite payment
being taken pretty sharpish I still haven't received it.
Gareth.
COOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY !
The DVD arrived yesterday and we watched it late last night.
It's not too bad I guess. Bit too much, ahem, gratuitous flesh and
sex scenes (no rude bits shown) and bad language.
Would you mind telling me whether it has a subtitles option?
thanks!
SimonM
No subtitles, but it has a commentary. Very unusual. Normally expect
subtitles and no commentary!
s***@cix.compulink.co.uk
2003-11-18 10:18:43 UTC
Post by Lydiate (Remove Tony Blair to reply)
No subtitles, but it has a commentary. Very unusual. Normally expect
subtitles and no commentary!
Not with Mersey TV I'm afraid! :-(

But thanks for answering my query!

SimonM
JNugent
2003-11-16 15:32:09 UTC
Post by Gareth
Should have known better. Ordered it on Sunday and despite payment
being taken pretty sharpish I still haven't received it.
Mine arrived on Friday.

Hope to be able to watch it tonight.
Gareth
2003-11-16 17:11:02 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by Gareth
Should have known better. Ordered it on Sunday and despite payment
being taken pretty sharpish I still haven't received it.
Mine arrived on Friday.
Hope to be able to watch it tonight.
10 of the best is quite good - Damon's death is still quite a touching
moment after all these years. I had forgotten how important that story line
and those characters were to me at the time - it was very powerful stuff.

Gareth.