Last One
Tom Hawley
2003-11-03 18:22:55 UTC
Okay y'all, I have failed to watch an episode of Brookside for about 4
months, but I feel I must tape and watch the final episode. Could somebody
please give the most basic of basic recaps of what and where the stories are
so I know what's going on?
SGM
2003-11-03 19:35:44 UTC
Post by Tom Hawley
Okay y'all, I have failed to watch an episode of Brookside for about 4
months, but I feel I must tape and watch the final episode. Could somebody
please give the most basic of basic recaps of what and where the stories are
so I know what's going on?
Okay, basic of basics:

Jack Michaelson (drug dealer) moved into the close about 3 weeks ago. His
daughter smoked dope with Anthony Murray, resulting in Michaelson hitting
Jan Murray, resulting in Marty, Christy and Steve beating up Michaelson,
resulting in Michaelson beating the hell out of Christy, putting him in
hospital. Oh yeah, Michaelson beat up Jimmy as well for basically being a
pain in the arse.

Meanwhile, the Gordon boy with the ginger hair (who's name I currently
forget) has also been getting dope off of Michaelson, and last week took
some acid, which his sister's (whose name I also forget) son Luke got a hold
of and swallowed, putting him in hospital too.

What else.... Bev and Ron got married, and then got terrorised by Michaelson
when they saw him beat up Christy. Oh, and last week ended with Jimmy
getting thrown in the boot of a car, and driven off by persons unknown.

That's about it. Oh, Rachel had her baby last week too (a boy), though her
and Mike are getting a divorce. And Jimmy's got some asbestos in his lungs.

That's the main storylines that have been running for the past few weeks, I
think. Might not have been as brief as you wanted though :-)

HTH

SGM
Tom Hawley
2003-11-03 19:40:05 UTC
Post by SGM
What else.... Bev and Ron got married,
How did that happen again?
How did THAT happen? I don't remember her being pregnant.
SGM
2003-11-03 22:02:04 UTC
Post by Tom Hawley
Post by SGM
What else.... Bev and Ron got married,
How did that happen again?
It seemed to be just a case of "lets get married".
Post by Tom Hawley
Post by SGM
That's about it. Oh, Rachel had her baby last week too (a boy),
How did THAT happen? I don't remember her being pregnant.
It seemed to be forgotten about for a while, I didn't remember either until
it was brought up again a month or two back.

SGM
Jim PKP
2003-11-03 19:42:13 UTC
Post by Tom Hawley
Okay y'all, I have failed to watch an episode of Brookside for about 4
months, but I feel I must tape and watch the final episode. Could somebody
please give the most basic of basic recaps of what and where the stories
are
Post by Tom Hawley
so I know what's going on?
I too am guilty for not watching for ages and now I feel bad.
Sorry, Brookside.
What happened to Jacqui Dixon and Max F??

Does anyone know if any of the regulars have managed to find work???
Jim PKP
SGM
2003-11-03 22:04:59 UTC
Post by Tom Hawley
so I know what's going on?
I too am guilty for not watching for ages and now I feel bad.
Sorry, Brookside.
What happened to Jacqui Dixon and Max F??
They moved away to some new house somewhere, but Jacqui was back for the
wedding last week, but not Max, explained through terrible plot devices such
as him being caught in traffic and other nonsense. You'd think Steven Pinder
would come back for one last episode.
No idea, haven't seen anything mentioned anywhere.
Jim PKP
2003-11-03 22:17:01 UTC
Post by Jim PKP
Does anyone know if any of the regulars have managed to find work???
No idea, haven't seen anything mentioned anywhere.
Gord love them. Its got to be tough
Jim PKP
Erika
2003-11-03 22:41:12 UTC
Post by Jim PKP
Does anyone know if any of the regulars have managed to find work???
No idea, haven't seen anything mentioned anywhere.
Gord love them. Its got to be tough
No but Diane is in the Bill and Bridget in Emmy. I suppose they got
out in time.

/Erika

The first ten years of your life you try to be just like your parents.
Then for then years you try to be as little as your parents as possible.
Then you gradually change in to them.
Marion
2003-11-04 08:01:38 UTC
Post by Tom Hawley
Post by Jim PKP
Does anyone know if any of the regulars have managed to find work???
No idea, haven't seen anything mentioned anywhere.
Meg Johnson (Bridget) is in Emmerdale. Leanne (Vickie Gates) is
currently on The Bill. Ben Hull (Dr Gary) crops up on Casualty in the
next month and has been touted, along with Gary Lucy and Will Mellor
for the part of Lance Hobbs, Garry's brother, in EE - the character to
be introduced next spring. Dean Sullivan's going to do panto in
Liverpool.
harry
Well done for remembering the surname! I usually forget that as well.
amstereofan
2003-11-04 21:38:15 UTC
Sad the way Brookside changed so drastically from about the middle of '98
onwards. Previously up to this time it was IMO a soap in which you could'nt
wait for the next episode. It was great to see Brookside on Living a few
years ago and then Sky 1 for a time then ot was stopped end of last year
Deborah
I've also not watched it for a while, what happened to Adele?
Erika
2003-11-05 16:16:02 UTC
Post by Tom Hawley
so I know what's going on?
I've also not watched it for a while, what happened to Adele?
She went of to uni in Leeds