Game Over
Gareth
2003-11-05 00:19:50 UTC
Game over indeed - and what a way to go.

Gareth.
Andy
2003-11-05 00:21:52 UTC
I thought they said it was going to be an "explosive end!" It was a bit wet
in the end!
Post by Gareth
Game over indeed - and what a way to go.
Gareth.
---
This email and attachments have been checked for viruses by AVG Antivirus
and is certified Virus- Free.
croft
2003-11-05 00:32:35 UTC
x-no-archive: yes

you dont see who really did the deed - strangers field and al lthat...

could have even been Ron, or his wife the police 'investigation'
waa the shortest i ever saw- wgats with all that blue rope, everyone
had some!
Brookie Fan
2003-11-05 22:00:14 UTC
Post by croft
x-no-archive: yes
you dont see who really did the deed - strangers field and al lthat...
could have even been Ron, or his wife the police 'investigation'
waa the shortest i ever saw- wgats with all that blue rope, everyone
had some!
I was waiting for one last shot showing Barry Grant at his wholesale
rope and gaffa tape business ;-)

I remember where I was on that chilly night 21 years ago. Sad day but
it had been going downhill for quite a while. Was the milkman the same
as the one in the first ever scene?

Favourite moment - Barry Grant to Bobby/Sheila? when there was
graffiti on a neighbours wall. "It can't be our Damon, he only spells
Bollocks with one L"

Gareth
2003-11-05 23:01:54 UTC
Post by Brookie Fan
I remember where I was on that chilly night 21 years ago. Sad day but
it had been going downhill for quite a while. Was the milkman the same
as the one in the first ever scene?
Yes.

Gareth.

Mr Guest
2003-11-05 00:28:31 UTC
Andy wrote (apparently) in uk.media.tv.brookside on Wed 05 Nov 2003
Post by Andy
I thought they said it was going to be an "explosive end!" It was
a bit wet in the end!
Seems to be plenty of scope for some sort of spin-off elsewhere,
though. Life of Jimmy Lawnmowing? Or a documentary of the council
tracking him down to do smoething about wasting all that water...

It could have been worse, it could have been really trite, they only
just avoided it.
--
MrGuest
Always, seemingly, on the road to nowhere
Andy
2003-11-05 00:35:34 UTC
Great that all the amenities were still left on in those houses though - the
water & electric and phone not disconnected and did you see how spotlessly
clean those stainless still sinks and taps were - would you really clean up
your house that spotlessly before leaving it like that?

He should have set fire to the whole lot of the houses or bulldozed them
instead of the pathetic flooding trick he pulled.
croft
2003-11-05 01:14:54 UTC
x-no-archive: yes

but he wanted to stop the incinerator - burning
the houses coud be nypocritical? and bad for his asthma
(when/how did that start??)
croft
2003-11-05 01:00:31 UTC
x-no-archive: yes

who got done over, downstairs? looks like 2 people
were done, or did they drag the drugdealer upstairs,
to hang out the window?