Removal of uk.media.tv.brookside
Gareth
2005-09-11 17:45:02 UTC
Posts in this group have all but ended and threads are hardly ever responded
to (the exceptional response, as to the thread "Where are they all now", is
unusual.)

Brookside has been off the screen for some time and even the heyjimmy.com
website has gone - presumably as a result of ownership changes at Mersey
Television.

I am about to propose the removal of the group but would be interested,
before doing so, in hearing in this thread from people who either use the
group (on the off chance of seeing a post) or people who think that, for
some reason, the group should remain.

Gareth.
JNugent
2005-09-11 17:56:08 UTC
Post by Gareth
Posts in this group have all but ended and threads are hardly ever
responded to (the exceptional response, as to the thread "Where are they
all now", is unusual.)
Brookside has been off the screen for some time and even the heyjimmy.com
website has gone - presumably as a result of ownership changes at Mersey
Television.
I am about to propose the removal of the group but would be interested,
before doing so, in hearing in this thread from people who either use the
group (on the off chance of seeing a post) or people who think that, for
some reason, the group should remain.
I still monitor this group and would like to think it would be available for
the annoucement of any re-runs of "Brookside" on a digital channel (as well
as for any discussion, whether releated to re-runs or any other aspect of
the programme).
Tom Hawley
2005-09-18 13:23:42 UTC
Post by Gareth
Posts in this group have all but ended and threads are hardly ever responded
to (the exceptional response, as to the thread "Where are they all now", is
unusual.)
Brookside has been off the screen for some time and even the heyjimmy.com
website has gone - presumably as a result of ownership changes at Mersey
Television.
I am about to propose the removal of the group but would be interested,
before doing so, in hearing in this thread from people who either use the
group (on the off chance of seeing a post) or people who think that, for
some reason, the group should remain.
Gareth.
I still seem to click in here in my habitual browsing, but realistically
I can't see any reason to keep it going. The uk and alt Friends
newsgroups are practically deserted now. If they can't maintain a
readership for a show that is repeated daily worldwide, I doubt this
group has any chance.

I still occasionally Google back a good few years and wince at the
ridiculous flame wars I maintained with some guy who was probably named
Neville, wishing now that i'd known how about X-No-Archive :)
Gareth
2005-09-18 20:46:24 UTC
Post by Gareth
[...]
Ah, Neville. The debate around that particular character was never resolved
and the suspicion of some people who used to post here, perhaps
overestimating their importance, was that Neville was created by a Brookside
insider. To be fair though Mick Johnson, in one of his last scenes, did
allude cryptically to "Neville".

Gareth.
Anorak
2005-09-26 19:50:48 UTC
No we need this group still. Still good for posting sightings of ex-Brookie
actors !
katy
2005-10-06 17:02:10 UTC
Post by Anorak
No we need this group still. Still good for posting sightings of ex-Brookie
actors !
i agree. i didn't actually know about this group until recently but i
really enjoyed reading all the old posts. and it would be great to
know it's still here for occasional discussions and especially
announcements of any potential reruns (fingers crossed) :)