Get brookside on UK gold or sky
MichaelPemberton
2003-11-07 22:02:24 UTC
hi all

i was thinking why dont we email sky or ukgold to get brookside on from
epsiode one, they might not do it but if enough people email them they might
give in.

it will be nice to see early years of brookside wouldnt it?
Andy
2003-11-07 22:34:59 UTC
Its been tried - the old episodes used to be on UK Gold it think it was.

I would have just liked to see someone like Sky1 or Channel 5 (Five) take
the current edition of Brookside and improve it where it needed and made a
success of it and put it on at a primetime slot and wipe the floor with
Channel 4.

With a bit of careful writing I reckon it could be credible for them to
start up Brookie again if they wanted to, after all the houses are only just
boarded up as someone else mentioned here Cineco could go bust and the
houses have to be sold again and the close could end up being a residential
close again but I don't know what could be done about the popular characters
that have supposedly moved away to start another life. I suppose you could
get another load of residents that are similar to the old lot and carry it
on from there.
Post by MichaelPemberton
hi all
i was thinking why dont we email sky or ukgold to get brookside on from
epsiode one, they might not do it but if enough people email them they might
give in.
it will be nice to see early years of brookside wouldnt it?
---
This email and attachments have been checked for viruses by AVG Antivirus
and is certified Virus- Free.
adam
2003-11-08 15:09:28 UTC
On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 22:34:59 -0000
Post by Andy
[...]
Phil Redmond did try and negotiate another channel but they
are all reluctant to take on long-term projects. I bet their
advertising revenue is falling through the floor at the
moment. When you think of pgramming, Brookie must have been
more expensive than importing programmes in.

It's gone and we'll all have to get used to it.