Brookie
Edville
2003-07-18 15:15:34 UTC
Oh well it's been such a long time since I posted here.... How is
everyone (anyone)?

Brookie, dear Brookie, seems to have continued in its usual bizarre
fashion. The recent spate of deaths/crimes/ridiculous storylines is
daft. The characters we're left with are poor (Jimmy as the wise old
villian, Steve as the male tottie, Tony as the...... whatever he's
meant to be, that newish family whose names I've still not quite got
as the typical family facing problems, Bev as the single mum, Josh as
the problem child, Ron as the wig wearing silly old goat....... not
really an attractive set of people really.... Not to mention Mrs
Farnham and Mad Max (whoops I just mentioned them).

Anyway, what is the point of my posting? It's going on like a Brookie
storyline - no direction or purpose and no clear plot.

If anyone can work it out, let me know.

NED
jayeff
2003-07-20 08:52:24 UTC
The production company and the script writers are letting the viewers down
they probably think with story lines like these all of the viewers will have
thrown the towel in come November.
NED
Radiohead
2003-07-20 12:31:24 UTC
Post by Edville
[...]
It's interesting that this group's decline seemed to reflect the decline of
the programme itself. I still watch it and will continue to watch until its
final demise. It still has good moments IMO.

I think after November it's going to feel very odd without Brookside. I've
been watching it all my adult life and it's become such a fixture! Still, we
must embrace change.

Do you ever hear from Graeme Selway? I always wonder what happened to him
and why he stopped posting. And 'Eagle Eye', that eccentric American woman
who had an irrational hatred for the actress who played Lyndsay Corkhill! I
wonder if eagleeye died, she was always going on about having cancer.

Radiohead (aka Terry).
Edville
2003-07-20 21:58:35 UTC
Post by Radiohead
Post by Edville
[...]
nope I haven't heard from Gray or that woman........ I've not posted
here for months, nay years. I think I'm still getting over the trauma
of the death of Julia Brogan..... Her 'I'm running round like a
legless chicken line' continues to tickle my..... tickly bit i
suppose...... after all these years.

Ed
Jack Wrigley
Jack Wrigley
Hey Edville, did you see that recent post from our very own Neville?
Edward2910
2003-07-21 09:00:16 UTC
Yes I did indeed, and nice it is to see Ne-Vile is still with us.

He is a fine fellow, and subsribers will be pleased to know that his
predictions vis-a-vis the demise of this newsgroup have proved to be correct.
His desire to purge newsgroups of filth and depravity is to be applauded, and I
anticipate eagerly the day when he will clear all of internet of all filth and
corruptible material.

Three cheers for that fine fellow.

Nedville
Edward2910
2003-07-21 08:56:53 UTC
Well that will have to stop!

I'm here for a while, and promise to to reply.

We should make the most of the time we have left.

Our time in this life is short, and the darkness of the valley of death awaits
us all.

Our only chance for some light is in this life.

Nedville
Graeme Selway
2003-07-21 10:45:13 UTC
Post by Edward2910
Well that will have to stop!
I'm here for a while, and promise to to reply.
We should make the most of the time we have left.
Our time in this life is short, and the darkness of the valley of death awaits
us all.
Our only chance for some light is in this life.
Nedville
Well that's cheered us all up. Thanks!

Regards,
Gray.