What is....
Andy
2003-11-12 02:14:52 UTC
.... An Ed-De-Ball?????? they were always saing it in brookie. It must be a
scouse saying.

---
This email and attachments have been checked for viruses by AVG Antivirus
and is certified Virus- Free.
Trish
2003-11-12 06:34:24 UTC
Post by Andy
.... An Ed-De-Ball?????? they were always saing it in brookie. It must be a
scouse saying.
'Head the ball' - it's also used in Ireland. It means a foolish or idiotic
person, or it can be used to describe any person in general.
--
Trish
Dublin, Ireland
Radiohead
2003-11-12 11:17:48 UTC
Post by Trish
Post by Andy
scouse saying.
'Head the ball' - it's also used in Ireland. It means a foolish or idiotic
person, or it can be used to describe any person in general.
Thanks Trish. I've puzzled over the meaning and derivation of that term for
years - I thought it was 'Edna Ball'!

Can't think why it hasn't come up before on this newsgroup, or why I didn't
think to ask!